This is a traditional Alsatian meal called Flammkuchen. A thin, crispy pizza base topped with crème fraîche, spring onions and bacon. It is a very light alternative to traditional pizza and tastes absolutely delicious with a glass of red wine. Get the kids involved and let them decorate the flammkuchen with the toppings. For a SUPER fast dinner, simply make the base ahead of time and have it ready to go. Yummy fresh pizza dinner in under 30 minutes!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Fast, thin, budget friendly yet surprisingly filling!” – Brea
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
- plain flour – 230g
- olive oil – 30g
- water – 120g
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- bacon – 100g, diced
- spring onion – 3
- crème fraîche – 100g, or sour cream
- salt – pinch
- pepper – pinch, black, ground
- cheddar cheese – 100g, mature
- Place the plain flour (230g), oil (30g), water (120g) and salt (1/2 tsp) in the bowl. Knead 1 minute / Closed Lid / Kneading Function. Place the dough on a piece of clingfilm, wrap and chill for 30 minutes. If you are in a rush, skip this step.
- Cook the bacon pieces (100g) on the frying pan until crispy. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Meanwhile, to make the toppings, slice the spring onions (3) finely and season the crème fraîche (100g) with salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch).
- Clean the bowl. Place large pieces of the cheddar (100g) in the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 7 seconds. Pour in a small mixing bowl until later.
- Roll out the pastry on a piece of baking paper that fits a large rectangular baking tray. Place it on the tray and spread the crème fraîche mixture over the base. Sprinkle with prepared bacon bits (100g) and the spring onions. Top with the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until crispy.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 45 minutes, including chilling time
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks