As cute and colourful as these Veggie Slice Fingers look, they are just made of veggies and eggs. Nothing else. Perfect for little people. To adjust to an adult palate, consider seasoning with some salt and pepper, adding in some bacon or sprinkling with some feta cheese. They come highly recommended by Bec and Joe’s baby Polly, who is 10 months.
This recipe was also featured in Episode 89 of The 4 Blades podcast: Favourite 1st Birthday Foods.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
- pumpkin – 350g, thinly sliced
- zucchinis – 250g, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- capsicum – 150g, red, cut in strips
- water – 500g
- eggs – 8
- bacon – options for adults
- feta cheese – options for adults
- salt – options for adults
- pepper – options for adults
- Add the sliced pumpkin (350g) to the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Add the sliced zucchini (250g) and capsicum strips (150g) to the steaming attachment upper tray.
- Fill the bowl with water (500g) and lock the lid before setting the steaming attachment in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line tin(s) with baking paper.
- Once finished, remove the steaming attachment and drain the water out of the bowl.
- Spread the pumpkin slices over the base of the tin(s) and top with half of the capsicum strips.
- Add eggs (8) to the bowl and mix Speed 5 / 30 seconds.
- Pour half the egg mixture over the pumpkin base.
- Add a layer of zucchini next, and top with the remaining capsicum.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Transfer your tin(s) to the oven and bake 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin, and cut into fingers when ready. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Keep refrigerated, best not frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Breakfasts, Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegetarian