Recipe Tester Feedback: “This lasagne is much lighter than traditional versions and would be great for a light dinner or lunch. You can easily tweak this to use up excess veggies in the fridge at the end of the week when the budget is tight.” – Kylie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
carrots – 2, chopped into large chunks
cabbage – 1, savoy, small
onion – 1, peeled and halved
chilli – 1, red, halved, optional
dried rosemary – 1 tsp
olive oil – 20g
tomatoes – 800g tin, diced
vegetable stock – 1, cube, or 2 tsp vegetable stock
salt – pinch
pepper – pinch, black, ground
sugar – 1 tsp
fresh basil – 3-4 springs, leaves only
dried oregano – 1 tsp
lasagne sheets – 12-16, fresh (*can use GF)
feta cheese – 200g (*omit for DF)
- Add carrots (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4.5 / 5 seconds. Transfer to the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Slice the cabbage (1) into strips and add to the carrots in the steaming attachment. Set aside. Optional: Choose some other vegetables to add to the lasagne and steam them alongside the carrot and cabbage.
- Add the onion (1), garlic clove (1), chilli (1) and rosemary (1 tsp) to the mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g). Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes (800g tin) and stock cube (1) to the bowl and set the steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 2. Set the steaming attachment aside after steaming.
- Add salt (pinch), pepper (pinch), sugar (1 tsp), basil leaves (from 3-4 sprigs), and oregano (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- To assemble the lasagne, add layers to the bottom of a rectangular ovenproof dish in this order: tomato sauce, lasagne sheets (12-16 total), tomato sauce, half of the veggies, lasagne sheets, tomato sauce, the other half of the veggies, lasagne sheets and the remaining tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle over the feta (200g) and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately.
- *If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
- Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour