Octopus on the BBQ is so easy and takes only minutes to cook – it also looks very impressive! Double the batch to feed a crowd and serve it on a big platter to share… Warning: you may need to make more!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A lovely little entree that was easy to prepare and cook, and it tasted nice too.” – Christina
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- octopus – 500g, baby, cleaned
- garlic cloves – 4, peeled
- chilli – 1, mild, roughly chopped
- paprika – 1 tsp
- tomato – 200g, diced
- olive oil – 30g
- dried parsley – 1 tsp
- salt – pinch
- pepper – 1/2 tsp
You will need:
- chopping board
- large mixing bowl
- Clean the baby octopus (500g) well. Pat dry.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (4) and chopped chilli (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the paprika (1 tsp), diced tomatoes (200g), olive oil (30g), dried parsley (1 tsp), salt (pinch) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 4 seconds.
- Add the cleaned octopus (500g) and marinade to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine. Cover with clingfilm and allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- Fire up the BBQ grill to a high heat.
- Place the marinated octopus onto the hot grill in small batches.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until cooked through. Repeat for all batches.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be frozen before or after cooking
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 2 hours marinating time
- Cook Time: 7 minutes