22 minutes is all it takes to have this complete meal on the table! Delicious grilled meat and a fresh salad jam packed full of flavour makes for the perfect weeknight dinner in a hurry.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An amazingly simple and tasty dish! This is an absolute winner of a dish, and it would be a great recipe to double or triple depending on how many you are cooking for.” – Tammy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
- sirloin steak – 1kg, cubed
- olive oil – 60g
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- dried oregano – 2 tsp
- dried thyme – 2 tsp
- lemon – 1, juice only
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- pepper – 1/2 tsp
- tomato – 4, diced
- cucumber – 1, Lebanese, diced
- onion – 1, small, red, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- olives – 150g, Greek Kalamata , pitted
- capsicum – 1, red, deseeded and diced
- olive oil – 30g, good quality
- lemon juice – 20g
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- fresh oregano – 1 Tbsp, leaves
- feta cheese – 200g, cubed
- Add the olive oil (60g), peeled garlic cloves (2), dried oregano (2 tsp), dried thyme (2 tsp), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Add the cubed lamb (1kg) to a bowl and pour the marinade over.
- At this point you can marinate this overnight for optimal flavour. Alternatively, allow to sit for 15 minutes whilst preparing salad.
- Add the diced tomatoes (4), diced cucumber (1), sliced red onion (1), pitted Kalamata olives (150g), diced capsicum (1), olive oil (30g), lemon juice (20g), salt (1/2 tsp), fresh oregano leaves (1 Tbsp) and cubed feta cheese (200g) into a large serving bowl. Combine well.
- Allow the salad to sit whilst cooking the souvlaki.
- Fire up the BBQ to a high heat.
- Divide the marinated meat up onto 10 metal skewers.
- Cook the souvlaki for 10-12 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the souvlaki alongside the salad.
- Lamb can be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + at least 15 minutes marinating time
- Cook Time: 12 minutes