Why buy a quiche when making one from home is so easy, and much more delicious? Our easy version of this classic quiche will fast become a family favourite.
These little tartlets are the perfect portions for dinner and served with a side salad make a beautifully wholesome meal. We discussed this recipe, and all about shortcrust pastry, in Episode 110 of the podcast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Looked great – so big and fluffy! Tasted soooo good! A really easy and super delicious quiche. My 5 year old said it was ’50 out of 50′ (it was supposed to be out of 10!) and my 18 month old who is notoriously difficult at dinner time asked for more!” – Alana
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Base (*for GF, use the Grain Free Tart Shell Recipe):
- cream cheese – 250g, block
- butter – 220g
- plain flour – 225g
- onion – 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- eggs – 8
- bacon – 8, short cut rashers, diced
- fresh chives – 1/2, bunch
- cream – 100g
- cheese – 100g, grated
- salt – to taste
- pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Place cream cheese (250g), butter (220g) and flour (225g) in mixer bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Tip mixture out and roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper with a rolling pin to approximately 0.5cm thickness, and wide enough to cover the base and sides of your quiche tin.
- Remove the top layer of baking paper. Place dough into quiche tin with remaining layer of baking paper on top. Remove the paper and press dough firmly into tin.
- Into a clean, dry bowl, put onion (1) and garlic cloves (2). Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add eggs (8), bacon rashers (8), chives (1/2 bunch), cream (100g), cheese (100g) to the bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix Speed 7 / 8 seconds.
- Pour into pastry.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 1 hour or until completely set.
- Remove quiche from the oven. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin. Serve or allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes