You really can’t beat good ol’ curried sausages, and these will impress the whole family – especially the adults, when they see how many veggies the kiddies are getting in this dish! Team this up with rice, pasta or veggie mash for a complete meal.
Curried Sausages is an absolute classic… in fact, this recipe is based on the recipe Bec’s Mum made as she was growing up. This Thermomix Curried Sausages recipe has that classic curried sausage taste with a whole bunch of veggies added for goodness PLUS… it comes in at $10 for the whole meal. This recipe will certainly feed and please the whole tribe as it makes a tonne.
This recipe was featured in episode 134 of The 4 Blades Podcast where Bec and Joe go head to head to create cheap Thermomix meals with their $10 dinner challenge.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “In the words of my daughter, ‘That was awesome!’ Full of flavour and veggies, and kid approved too – a winner!” – Liz
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- garlic clove – 1, peeled
- apple – 1, green, cored and quartered
- onion – 1, peeled and quartered
- carrot – 1, chopped
- olive oil – 20g
- curry powder – 4 tsp
- tinned tomatoes – 400g, diced
- chickpeas – 400g tin, drained
- pumpkin – 400g, peeled (prepared weight)
- vegetable stock – 40g
- water – 200g
- sausages – 6, thin (*ensure GF if required)
- vegetables of choice – for steaming
Alternate serving suggestions:
- pasta – *can omit or use GF
- vegetables of choice – mashed
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), quartered apple (1), quartered onion (1) and chopped carrot (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 1 second. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (20g) and curry powder (4 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Add the diced tomatoes (400g tin), drained chickpeas (400g tin), peeled and chopped pumpkin (400g), stock paste (40g) and water (200g) to the bowl.
- Place the sausages (6) in the steaming attachment lower dish and set it in place. Program 22 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Meanwhile, place your vegetables of choice in the steaming attachment upper tray. Set the tray into place when the sausages have 8 minutes left.
- Once the sausages are cooked through, carefully take the skins off the sausages and slice them diagonally into 2-3cm pieces.
- Add the sausages to the sauce in the mixer bowl and stir through.
- Serve alongside steamed vegetables.
Can be frozen
Make your own!
* Make your own curry powder with the Malaysian Curry Powder recipe from The Steaming Issue or the Curry Powder recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue.
* Make your own stock paste with the Odds and Ends Stock Paste recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes