Recently we came across Naughty Naturopath Mum (AKA Alisha)’s Anti-LCM Bars. We featured them in Episode 17 of The 4 Blades podcast too. Here is our Thermomix conversion.
50g coconut oil
210g rice malt syrup (or thick honey)
10g cacao (or Superfoods For Kidz Berry Choc Chunk Powder)
35g puffed rice / millet / other grain (*please note: this is the measurement for gluten free puffed rice NOT Rice Bubbles. Rice Bubbles are much heavier and you will need a lot more)
90g desiccated coconut
20g chia seeds
(Alisha also recommended using 1/8 cup of coconut sugar, which we didn’t include)
Add coconut oil, rice malt syrup & cacao to Thermomix bowl. Set 3 mins, 80 degrees, Speed 2.
Add your puffed grain, coconut & chia seeds to the bowl.
Set to Reverse + closed lid position. Give 4 Turbo blasts. Push down the side with the spatula to make sure it’s all combined.
Push into a lined cake pan (we used a 22cm square cake pan) and leave to set in the fridge / freezer.
Cut up and enjoy!Print
- Total Time: 5 minutes + setting time
- Yield: 20 squares (depending on cutting dimensions and depth)
The original recipe for this comes from the lovely Alisha of Naughty Naturopath Mum (great stuff on her site – check it out!) and was converted to a thermo mixer recipe by The 4 Blades. It is a much healthier alternative to the popular lunchbox snacks (far less ingredients!) and much cheaper to make too.
This recipe was also featured in Episode 17 of The 4 Blades podcast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Best thing in the world! Takes a matter of minutes to make and the kids loved them. They want them in their lunchboxes everyday. Winning by saving money too.” – Samantha
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- coconut oil – 50g
- rice malt syrup – 150-200g, or honey (adjust according to preferred sweetness)
- cacao powder – 10g
- puffed rice – 35g, millet or other grain (note: in making this gluten free, we are assuming the use of whole puffed rice grains rather than rice bubbles or the like, which are heavier)
- desiccated coconut – 90g
- chia seeds – 20g
- Line a square cake tin with baking paper.
- Add coconut oil (50g), rice malt syrup (150-200g) and cacao (10g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Add puffed grains (35g), coconut (90g) and chia seeds (20g) to the bowl. Mix Closed Lid / Reverse+Turbo / 4 x 1 second blasts. Scrape down sides.
- Push into the cake tin and leave to set in the fridge or freezer until hard.
- Cut up and enjoy!
Can be frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Breakfasts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian