Don’t you just hate it when you find the perfect recipe for dinner, that you would like to have within the hour and the recipe says set aside overnight? We do!! So here’s a recipe for a SUPER quick Thermomix marinade which you can adapt for pretty much any marinade (with the exception of more delicate proteins such as seafood).
This recipe was also featured in Episode 20 of The 4 Blades podcast.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- turmeric – 6cm piece, fresh (or 1 tsp of ground turmeric)
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- ginger – 3-4cm piece, fresh, peeled
- lemon – 1, juice and zest
- cumin – 1 tsp, ground
- fresh coriander – 1 tsp, ground
- macadamia oil – 1 Tbsp
- peanut oil – 2 Tbsp
- salt – to taste
- pepper – to taste
- Place fresh turmeric (6cm piece), garlic (2), ginger (3-4cm piece) and lemon zest only (1) into bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add cumin (1 tsp), coriander (1 tsp), macadamia oil (1 Tbsp), peanut oil (2 Tbsp), lemon juice (1) and salt and pepper (to taste). Speed 3 / 4 seconds.
- Pour onto meat and allow to marinate overnight or store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb