This recipe has been shared with us by Violet Bevan.
“Try one before the kids do… when I first made them, the kids ate them and didn’t leave me any!” – Violet
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An easy and tasty biscuit. I love the use of maple syrup instead of refined sugar.” – Tamara
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Egg
- coconut oil – 60g
- butter – 60g, salted(*can use margarine or Nuttelex™ for DF)
- egg – 1 (*can use 50g aquafaba for EF)
- vanilla bean paste – 1 tsp
- maple syrup – 90g
- spelt flour – 215g
- bicarb soda – 1/4 tsp
- cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
- chocolate chips – 100g (*can use DF dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add the coconut oil (60g) and butter (60g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 5.
- Add the egg (1), vanilla (1 tsp) and maple syrup (90g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Add the spelt flour (215g), bicarb soda (1/4 tsp) and cinnamon (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Add the chocolate chips (100g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 30 seconds.
- Add spoonfuls of the mixture to the prepared trays.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Once cooked, move the biscuits to a wire cooling rack to cool.
- Can be frozen
- You can make these vegan by replacing the butter with 60g of Nuttelex or dairy free butter. Replace the egg with 50g aquafaba (chickpea tin liquid) and use dairy free choc chips.
- Replace some of the choc chips with walnuts for a nutty flavour.
- Replace maple syrup with rice malt syrup or a banana.
- Use dark, white or milk choc chips – the choice is yours!
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian