Smoked salmon in a budget issue?!?! Yes! We show you how to use a really nice ingredient in a budget-friendly way. This is a very impressive and expensive looking canapé to take along to the next dinner party that really doesn’t cost much at all. Keep an eye out for smoked salmon on sale and it becomes even more economical. For a cheaper option, you can use slices of tinned cooked tuna.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- cream cheese – 150g spreadable
- fresh chives – 1.5 Tbsp chopped
- salt – pinch
- smoked salmon – 5 thin slices, cut into 7 thin strips each
- self raising flour – 200g (*can use GF)
- milk – 200g
- eggs – 2
- salt – pinch
- Place flour (200g), milk (200g), eggs (2) and salt (pinch) into bowl. Speed 5 / 6 seconds. This will be a thick batter.
- Place frying pan over a medium heat on the stove. Grease frying pan if needed.
- Spoon a tablespoon of blini batter into frying pan. You can cook approximately 5 at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- Once bubbles appear, flip over and cook for an additional minute or two to cook through. These take no time at all due to the small size.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Allow blinis to cool on a wire rack after cooking.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the cream cheese (150g), chives (150g) and salt (pinch). Mix to combine.
- Once blinis are cooked and cooled, top each with a small spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and top with a slice of salmon. We have added some extra chives that were leftover on top.
Cannot be frozen
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks