Pumpkin soup is a staple in most households during the cooler months. This recipe was inspired by a friend and is a tweak on a traditional recipe of mine to give it a little extra flavour. The key is using a combination of different types of pumpkin and roasting to really bring out the flavours of both the pumpkin and garlic. – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A lovely depth of flavour from roasting the veg, and the garlic was a fantastic addition!” – Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- pumpkin – 400g, butternut, peeled, deseeded and diced into 1cm cubes
- pumpkin – 400g, jap or kent, peeled, deseeded and diced into 1cm cubes
- olive oil – 15g / 1 Tbsp
- garlic cloves – 6, in skin
- onion – 1, peeled and quartered
- olive oil – 15g / 1 Tbsp, extra
- vegetable stock – 1L, good quality, or chicken stock
- nutmeg – pinch
- paprika – pinch
- salt – to taste
- pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place pumpkin (800g total) and garlic (6 cloves) into a large roasting tray and coat in olive oil (1 Tbsp).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is nice and soft.
- Add onion (1) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add oil (15g). Program 5 minutes / 115C* / Speed 2.
- Remove skins from garlic.
- Add pumpkin and garlic mixture to bowl.
- Add stock (1L) but do not exceed the maximum fill line. Add nutmeg (a pinch), paprika (a pinch) and season well with salt and pepper.
- Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- You can serve as is or to make a smooth soup simply blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Please read your machines user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve with one of our delicious breads for dipping.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Can be frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Free Recipes, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegan, Vegetarian