This is an easy dip that is very forgiving. Depending on your tastes, you can add as much or as little flavour as you like. Want it hotter? Add more chilli. Want more zing? Add more lime. This dip is delicious served with our Seeded Crackers from The Lunchbox Issue and the Olive Oil Crackers from The Tea Party Issue.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Prep is really easy. Looks shop bought, colourful and interesting. Tastes really fresh and vibrant. Love it and will definitely make again. I did have a bit of dip left after a couple of days and instead of wasting it I added some olive oil and a little more lime juice, shook it up and used it as a delicious salad dressing – yummo!” – Sally-Ann
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- pumpkin – 300g, peeled and cut into cubes
- water – 600g, warm
- cashew nuts – 150g, roasted, salted
- fresh coriander – 2 Tbsp
- chilli – 1, red, deseeded
- lime – 1, juice and peel only
- salt – to taste
- pepper – to taste
- Place pumpkin (300g) in steaming attachment lower dish and put into place on your thermo mixer.
- Set scales. Pour water over the pumpkin into the bowl (600g).
- Cook 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove once cooked.
- Remove water from bowl. Dry bowl.
- Add cashews (150g), coriander (2 Tbsp), chilli (1) and lime peel (from 1 lime) to bowl.
- Speed 7 / 2-6 seconds until crushed slightly.
- Add the pumpkin back into bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix Speed 4 / 5-10 seconds to combine.
- Serve with some fresh coriander and sliced chilli on top to garnish, with an array of tasty fresh vegetables or crackers.
Keeps well when refrigerated for up to 3 days.
If you prefer using unsalted nuts, add 1/2 tsp of good quality rock salt.
Cannot be frozen
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lower Carb, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian