This is a great dish to put out as a starter when having friends around for a BBQ. It’s super flavoursome, and it’s sure to be a winner for most households!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Great for an after school snack or lazy brunch, or to wow friends at a BBQ. Likely to be greedily eaten by a horde of teen boys.” – Nerine
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
- water – 220g, lukewarm
- yeast – 1.5 tsp
- bakers flour – 375g
- bread improver – 1.5 tsp, optional
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- olive oil – for greasing
- cheese – 80g, cubed
- pepperoni – 200g, roughly chopped
- fresh oregano – 2 Tbsp, leaves
- tomato paste – 50g
- Add the ingredients to the bowl in this order: lukewarm water (220g), yeast (1.5 tsp), bakers flour (375g), bread improver (1.5 tsp, if using) and salt (1/2 tsp). Blitz Speed 7 / 10 seconds to roughly combine.
- Program 6 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Move the dough into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with clingfilm and place into a warm spot, like the front seat of a car or a warmed oven.
- Leave this to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a large loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the cubed cheese (80g), pepperoni (200g) and fresh oregano leaves (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 6 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat if required.
- Add tomato paste (50g) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Roll the risen dough out into a large rectangle approximately 1cm thick.
- Top with the pizza mixture. Don’t be afraid to use your hands. It’s a great way to get a nice even layer.
- With a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 5cm squares. Make sure the squares are no bigger than the width and height of your loaf tin.
- Set the squares on top of each other in groups of 3 or 4, then lay the little tower on its side lengthways in the tray. Repeat for all squares.
- Let the dough rise again for 15 minutes in the tin, then pop into the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes + 1 hour 15 minutes rising time
- Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks