Oh we wish we could tell you how amazing this cobbler is, but words just don’t do it justice! The crunchy, buttery, nutty topping is so delicious you will want to eat it all on its own. This recipe is so quick to make with the help of tinned fruit. Speed Tip: buy ring pull cans to avoid having to wrestle with a can opener!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is so easy to make and the topping gave it a lovely flavour. The perfect dessert when you feel like something sweet but don’t want to wait too long to make and eat it! I will definitely make this again.” – Anita
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
- apple – 800g can, pie filling, or cooked pieces
- peaches – 825g can, sliced, drained
- ice cream – to serve, or cream, or custard
- self raising flour – 125g (*can use GF if required)
- butter – 125g, melted (*can use coconut oil or DF spread if required)
- brown sugar – 100g
- almonds – 80g, slivered, or nuts of choice (*can use pepitas or sunflower kernels if required)
- cinnamon – 1tsp
- vanilla – 1tsp, extract
- Turn grill on to high or preheat oven to 180C if time allows.
- Place canned apple (800g), and peaches (825g) into heatproof dish. Mix lightly.
- If you haven’t already melted your butter, add butter (125g) to the bowl and program 3 minutes / 70C / Speed 2, or until melted. Note that this isn’t the speedy option, but it does result in one less thing to wash!
- Add flour (125g), butter (125g), brown sugar (100g), almonds (80g), cinnamon (1 tsp) and vanilla (1 tsp) to bowl. Speed 5 until a dough forms.
- With your spatula, place blobs of the topping over the fruit. You can spread with fingers if desired. This does not have to be an even coating or perfect. A cobbler has a very rustic and homemade look to it.
- Place under the grill or into the oven for 10 minutes until the topping is golden. This doesn’t take much time at all so keep an eye on your cobbler to avoid burning.
- Serve with ice cream, cream or custard.
Can be frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Desserts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian