This delicious carrot dip has quickly become a favourite of mine. It’s versatile as I use it not just as a dip but as a flatbread topping or a yummy side to eggs at breakfast! It was featured in Episode 38 of the podcast – Easy Thermo Mixer Meal Planning.
Reader Feedback: “Our whole family loves this dip! My daughter came up with the idea to leave some of the dip in the bowl when it’s made and to shred a cooked chicken breast (Reverse+Speed 5 / 5 seconds) for a tasty lunch idea. It’s a great way to clean the bowl!” – Sue
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- carrots – 300g, roughly chopped
- garlic cloves – 10g, peeled
- cumin – 1 Tbsp, ground
- olive oil – 30g
- salt – 1 tsp
- tahini paste – 50g
- lemon juice – 10g, fresh
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and line baking tray with baking paper
- Add carrots (300g), garlic (2), cumin (1 Tbsp), olive oil (20g only) and salt (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Pour carrot mix onto prepare tray. Be sure to use your spatula to get the oil / spice off the wall of the bowl.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it – it should be soft, but not burnt. Keeping the carrot mix close together on the tray will help with this. Adjust oven temperature / cooking time accordingly.
- Add the baked ingredients to the bowl, with remaining olive oil (10g), tahini (50g) and lemon juice (10g). Speed 4 / 10 seconds, or to preferred consistency.
- You can serve this delicious dip as warm or cold.
Optional: Add a handful of sultanas and / or pine nuts and mix on Reverse+Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian