Hooray for a nice quick meal that is also flavoursome! These Moroccan BBQ koftas are great with beef or lamb mince. Serve them alongside some fresh salad, or with homemade pita bread and yoghurt. We love making the mince mixture the night before to give the flavours lots of time to develop. This recipe was featured in Episode 33 of The 4 Blades podcast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a great recipe to accompany a fresh summer salad. Light and fresh.” – Kerry
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
- fresh coriander – 15g
- onion – 1, medium, brown, peeled and quartered
- beef mince – 1kg, or lamb mince
- eggs – 2
- dried coriander – 2.5 tsp, ground
- cumin – 2.5 tsp, ground
- cayenne pepper – 1 tsp
- paprika – 2.5 tsp, ground, sweet
- turmeric – 1 tsp, ground
- cinnamon – 1 tsp
- salad greens – fresh
- pita bread – ensure GF if required
- yoghurt – omit for DF
You will need:
- chopping board
- skewers, optional
- flat grill plate
- Add the fresh coriander (15g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the peeled and quartered onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the mince (1kg), eggs (2), ground coriander (2.5 tsp), ground cumin (2.5 tsp), cayenne pepper (1 tsp), ground sweet paprika (2.5 tsp), ground turmeric (1 tsp), cinnamon (1 tsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 30 seconds, using your spatula to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Mould sausage-like shapes either in the air or around your skewers. If you’re going to put the skewers through AFTER cooking, squeeze each kofta where the skewer is entering and exiting to keep it from breaking up.
- Cook on a breakfast (flat) plate until cooked through, approx. 4-5 minutes per side. The kofta mixture is quite delicate until cooked through, so be careful when placing them on the cook plate.
Can be frozen before or after cooking
Make your own!
* Make your own pita bread with the Pita Bread recipe from The Celebrations Issue.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes