This marbled mocha cheesecake has a beautiful creamy texture, perfect with a nice cup of coffee or tea. Give the cake overnight to develop its beautiful flavours, once chilled through. Cut into slices and enjoy with friends.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A delicious sweet treat loved by all, even those non coffee drinkers enjoyed it. Will definitely be whipping this one up again.” – Prue
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- butter – 75g
- digestive biscuits – 150g (*or GF plain sweet biscuits)
- coffee – 5g, instant
- water – 20g, cold
- caster sugar – 275g
- cream cheese – 700g, cubed
- eggs – 3
- vanilla – 1/2 tsp, extract
- crème fraîche – 150g
- cocoa powder – 20g, plus extra for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 150C and line the cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter (75g) in the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add the biscuits (150g) to the bowl and crush Speed 10 / 8 seconds.
- Pour into the prepared tin and, using the back of a spoon, gently press down to make the base for the cake.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile dissolve the instant coffee (5g) in cold water (20g) in a small bowl.
- Clean and dry your mixer bowl.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add your sugar (275g) to the bowl now and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Put the caster sugar (275g), cream cheese (700g), eggs (3), vanilla (1/2 tsp) and crème fraîche (150g) in the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 20 seconds.
- Add 3/4 of the mixture to the cake base.
- Add the coffee to the remaining mixture in the mixer bowl and add cocoa powder (20g). Mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Pour carefully on top of the cake, creating a marble effect in a swirl motion.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Once baked, switch off the oven and leave to cool in the oven for 1 hour. After this, remove and leave to cool entirely. Once cool, place in the fridge and chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Before serving, dust with some cocoa powder.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes, 4 hours cooling time
Keywords: Thermomix Desserts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Vegetarian