We stock a lot of herbs and spices in our kitchen so when we came across a lovely curry recipe requiring a Malaysian Meat Curry Powder, we decided to make our own! Try using this as an alternative to normal curry powder in this month’s Curried Sausages or Vegetarian Biryani. It also goes well with our Curried Egg Sandwiches in The Tea Party Issue.
This recipe was featured in Episode 57 of the podcast – Thermomix Indian Recipes.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- cloves – 10
- peppercorns – 3, black
- cinnamon – 1 stick
- chilli flakes – 2 tsp (or 4 whole dried chillies)
- dried fennel – 1 tsp, seeds
- cumin – 10g, seeds
- cardamom – 4 pods
- dried coriander – 15g, ground
- turmeric – 1 tsp, ground
- Add cloves (10), peppercorns (3), cinnamon (1 stick), chilli flakes (2 tsp), fennel seeds (1 tsp) and cumin seeds (10g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Empty cardamom pods (4). Add ground coriander (15g) and ground turmeric (1 tsp). Grind Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Store in an airtight container.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Keywords: Thermomix Condiments & Marinades, Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Vegan, Vegetarian