This makes for a great dinner served with salad or steamed vegetables, but what I really love to do with this meatloaf is place it on sandwiches the next day! As a child I absolutely loved having a slice of cold meatloaf, cheese and sauce on my sandwiches. This makes enough slices for 12 sandwiches and comes in at 97c a serve. A lot cheaper than the equivalent weight of deli meat! – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I definitely agree with the introduction that this makes an awesome dinner and an even better sandwich filler the next day. This is exactly what we did. Using the tomato relish instead of tomato sauce really adds a delicious flavour explosion.” – Sharree
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- onion – 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic clove – 1, peeled
- carrot – 1, roughly chopped
- zucchini – 1, roughly chopped
- beef mince – 500g (*replace with more beef mince for GF)
- sausage mince – 500g
- Worcestershire sauce – 30g (*ensure GF if required; make your own with the Worcestershire Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Only Bonus Issue)
- relish – 100g, tomato, or chutney (make your own with the Tomato Relish recipe from The BBQ Issue or the Spicy Tomato Chutney recipe from The Classics Issue)
- salt – pinch
- pepper – pinch
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the onion (1), garlic clove (1), carrot (1) and zucchini (1) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the beef (500g), sausage (500g), Worcestershire sauce (30g), tomato relish (100g), salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until combined. You may need to use your spatula to help the mixture.
- Place mixture into loaf tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool before cutting into 12 slices.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks