This Low FODMAPs Thermomix Chicken, Mustard and Rice Bake is delicious and a serious winner for the whole family. The rice and chicken cook perfectly together and the best bit is that you can throw it all together using your Thermomix and then leave it in the oven to bake.
This is perfect to put together as the kids get home from school and cooks while doing homework, cleaning the house or any other of the thousand things that need to be done every day.
To stay FODMAP friendly we infused the oil with garlic. To get the real garlicky flavour we suggest slicing the ends off the cloves before putting them in the oil. Make sure you count how many pieces go in so you can be sure that you’ve taken them all out once the oil is flavoured.
To learn more about the low FODMAP diet check out the podcast we did on Low FODMAP Dinner Recipes, where this recipe was featured.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- white rice – 1 cup
- olive oil – 25g
- garlic cloves – 4, peeled with both ends sliced off
- leek – 35g, washed green leaves only
- bacon – 100g, roughly chopped
- almond milk – 500g
- mustard – 60g, Dijon
- dried thyme – 1 tsp
- salt flakes – 1-2 tsp
- pepper – 1/2 tsp, ground, black
- chicken thigh – 700g, or chicken breast, diced
- capsicum – 1, chopped
- zucchini – 1, chopped
- Rinse rice (1 cup) of white rice under water. Leave to soak in water while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add oil (25g) and peeled garlic cloves with their ends cut off (4) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Remove the garlic cloves. Make sure you remember how many garlic cloves were originally put in!
- Add the washed leek leaves (35g) and chopped bacon (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add almond milk (500g), Dijon mustard (60g), dried thyme (1 tsp), salt flakes (1-2 tsp) and black pepper (1/2 tsp). Program 8 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Place the chopped chicken thigh (700g), soaked rice, chopped capsicum (1) and chopped zucchini (1) in a casserole dish and mix together.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the top and bake for 40 minutes with the lid on (or use aluminium foil over the top).
- Take the lid off, stir and allow to cook for another 15-20 minutes with the lid off, or until rice is cooked perfectly and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes