This fabulous thermo mixer Lamb Ragu is fast and delicious! All you need is some leftover lamb roast! Orecchiette or ‘little ears’ is the traditional pasta to have with this sauce, but we have served it here with sweet potato noodles for a lighter post-Christmas meal. It is also yummy by itself, baked with eggs in the oven, with rice, or steamed greens.
This recipe was also featured in Episode 8 of The 4 Blades podcast: Thermomix Lamb Ragu with Leftovers.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Such a great use of leftover lamb roast – easy to throw together and SO delicious! Freezes well too!” – Annie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- roast lamb – 650g, cut into pieces
- onion – 200g, or leek
- garlic cloves – 2
- celery – 100g
- carrot – 200g
- fresh rosemary – 1 large stalk, leaves only
- fresh thyme – 3 stalks, leaves only
- oil – 20g
- red wine – 200g
- tomato – 800g tin, crushed
- vegetable stock – 2 Tbsp, concentrate**
- Place roast lamb (650g) into the bowl. Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Turn out and set aside.
- Place onion (200g), garlic (2), celery (100g), carrot (200g), rosemary (1) and thyme (3) to the bowl. Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add oil (20g). Push sides down and 6 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed with the internal steaming basket sitting on top.
- Add red wine (200g). Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed. Sit the internal steaming basket on the lid.
- Add the lamb back into the machine, along with crushed tomatoes (800g) and veggie stock concentrate (2 Tbsp).
- Program 30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed with the measuring cup inclined.
- Reverse+Speed 5 / 5 seconds to ensure it is well combined.
If you don’t have enough lamb to make a full bowl, just halve the recipe. We’ve even quartered it before to serve 2 (making the most of those leftovers!). Remember, if you double or halve a recipe, adjust the cooking time by 20%.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
**We use stock pastes made with half the recommended salt
Can be frozen
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes