These Italian mushrooms are a great starter for a Mediterranean dinner. The mascarpone cream is perfect in combination with the lemon sauce and the mushrooms. It creates a well-rounded starter that will impress the crowd.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Mushrooms are wonderfully healthy little morsels of goodness and this recipe certainly showcases how delicious and versatile they can be – I had never thought of steaming them before! I know this recipe serves four but hubby and I scoffed them in 10 minutes flat… no sharing something this delicious in our household!” – Claire
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- fresh chives – 30g, roughly chopped
- mushrooms – 250g, brown
- mascarpone cheese – 100g
- salt – 1 tsp
- pepper – 3/4 tsp, black, ground
- asparagus – 200g, spears, woody ends removed
- water – 700g
- vegetable stock – 1 tsp, paste
- plain flour – 15g (*can use GF)
- lemon – 1/2, zest and juice only
- sour cream – 50g
- Place the garlic cloves (2) and chives (30g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms (250g) and add the stalks to the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the mascarpone (100g), salt (1/2 tsp only) and black pepper (1/4 tsp only) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Fill the mushrooms with the mixture and place on the upper tray of the steaming attachment. Put the asparagus spears (200g) on the lower dish of the steaming attachment.
- Add the water (500g only) to the bowl. Steam 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming attachment and rinse the bowl. Add the remaining water (200g), vegetable stock paste (1 tsp), plain flour (15g), lemon zest and juice (from 1/2 lemon), sour cream (50g), salt (1/2 tsp) and black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Program 3:30 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegetarian