This potato bake recipe is so tasty and ever so easy. In fact, it’s not your average potato bake. We challenged the notion that a potato bake needed thinly sliced potatoes and just went ahead and diced them – so easy! Enjoy this chunky, cheesy potato bake with a beautiful nutty crust.
We discussed this potato bake in Episode 144 of The 4 Blades podcast – The Impromptu Dinner Party Episode.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “It was amazing and yummy. I loved it. Very cheesy, and the paprika added just the right amount of zing. The crumb was beautiful and crusty. It’s my new favourite potato recipe.” – Erika
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
- potato – 900g, washed or peeled and diced
- pecorino cheese – 50g, cubed
- almonds – 50g
- salt flakes – 1 tsp
- garlic granules – 1 tsp
- paprika – 1 tsp
- cheddar cheese – 50g, cubed
- pecorino cheese – 100g, cubed
- butter – 80g
- milk of choice – 220g
- tapioca starch – 3 tsp
- mustard – 2 tsp, Dijon
- pepper – cracked, black
You will need:
- chopping board
- peeler, optional
- ceramic baking dish
- 2 small bowls
- aluminium foil, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Dice the washed or peeled potato (900g). Set aside into a ceramic baking dish.
- Add the cubed pecorino cheese (50g), almonds (50g), salt flakes (1 tsp), garlic granules (1 tsp) and paprika (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the cubed cheddar cheese (50g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Set the crumb aside.
- Add the remaining cubed pecorino cheese (100g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the butter (80g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the milk (220g), tapioca starch (3 tsp), Dijon mustard (2 tsp), grated pecorino cheese (100g) and cracked black pepper to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Pour the sauce over the diced potatoes. Mix through and sprinkle the crumb over the top.
- Bake for 80 minutes, covered with a lid or aluminium foil.
- Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegetarian