A perfect start to our Cafe Favourites, this recipe from Tenina includes three of our breakfast faves… Potato Rosti, Hollandaise and Poached Eggs.
“This recipe is two in one, a two-fer. A double. A delicious double at that. (Lucky you!) The potato has never been so sublime. Starch in all it’s glory. Go for it, don’t look back, move on from paleo, embrace the carbs. That’s all I can say, and all before breakfast! Enjoy… As to the amazing Simple Hollandaise, this is completely a rip off of the yummo recipe that appears in my Keeping it Simple book, so go get that and never look back either. Seriously. Do yourself a breakfast flavour. Happy Mixing!” – Tenina
Our recipe tester Chris and his family loved this recipe. They kept the rosti in the oven for 40 minutes so it was really nice and crispy – just like the ones from a cafe!
No: Gluten, Dairy, Nuts
- potato – 1, medium, starchy, per rosti
- onion – 1/4 small, brown, per rosti
- salt flakes – pinch, pink, to taste
- pepper – black, freshly ground, to taste
- oil – flavourless, for shallow frying as needed
- egg yolk – 3
- lemon juice – 15g
- salt flakes – pinch, pink
- pepper – black, freshly cracked, to taste
- fresh herbs of choice – few
- mustard – 2 tsp, Dijon
- butter – 100g, melted
- To make the rosti, preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel and chop potatoes (1) and onion (1/4) into pieces and place into bowl. Do not overfill bowl, make sure total amount in one batch is less than half the bowl.
- Chop Speed 6 / 1 second per batch.
- Turn out onto a large clean tea towel. Squeeze as much liquid out of the mixture as you can, over a sink.
- Return dry potato onion mix to bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend Speed 6 / 6 seconds. If the mixture is still liquidy strain with a sieve.
- Meanwhile, heat enough oil to cover a small cast iron fry pan to 1 cm depth on a medium high heat. Dollop mixture into the hot oil and press flat to spread into a small pancake size.
- Fry gently until golden, turning and repeating on the other side. Transfer to an oven tray and keep hot until you are ready to serve.
- To make the Simple Hollandaise, place egg yolks (3), lemon juice (20g), salt (pinch), pepper (to taste), a few fresh herbs of choice and mustard (2 tsp) into bowl.
- Blend at least 1 minute / Speed 10 to emulsify.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add melted butter (100g) through the lid slowly, as you continue to blend on Speed 10 until a thick consistency is achieved.
- Serve Rosti piping hot, with poached eggs, wilted spinach and drizzled with the Simple Hollandaise.
Cannot be frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Breakfasts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Vegetarian