These easy peasy cookies have been shared with us by Robyn from Mrs D Plus 3. These biscuits are not only easy but also tasty. Cutting them and then decorating is the perfect activity for little kids who want to help in the kitchen. They are also the perfect option for a ‘cookie decorating’ station at a kids birthday party… part food, part activity. It’s a star performer!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a nice and easy cookie recipe which was fun to do with the kids. The cookies looked and tasted good and the kids enjoyed helping decorate.” – Tina
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- sugar – 100g
- butter – 90g
- vanilla – 1 tsp, extract
- egg – 1
- plain flour – 230g
- baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt – pinch
- icing sugar – 1 cup approx.
- water – 2 Tbsp, boiling
- food colouring – 1-2 drops
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Add sugar (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Add butter (90g) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat by mixing Speed 4 / 20 seconds, until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add flour (230g), baking powder (1/2 tsp) and a pinch of salt. Knead Closed Lid / Kneading Function / 25 seconds on speed soft.
- Add a little flour to your work bench and roll the dough into a square shape of about 2-3 cm thick. Wrap it up in cling film and pop it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once it’s nice and firm, roll it out so that it is approximately 1cm thick, get out your cookie cutters and let your kids have fun cutting shapes.
- Lay them on a baking tray and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes (or until they are golden around the edges but still soft in the middle).
- Allow to cool before icing.
- Can be frozen
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegetarian