The popping colour from the red cherry tomatoes and the green spinach leaves screams Christmas! This bake is not only a fantastic, tasty, filling breakfast for any morning but it also makes a delicious weeknight dinner teamed with salad or veggies. You can also divide the mixture in two. Serve one for Christmas morning and freeze one for another day. Get creative! You can add other veggies to this such as asparagus or capsicum. Yum!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This recipe looked and tasted so good. Hubby said it’s a 10 out of 10. My family has requested it for breakfast again tomorrow!” – Summah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- butter – 2 Tbsp, melted, (or oil)
- baguette – 30cm, or French stick, chopped into small bite-size cubes (*can use GF bread)
- baby spinach – 30g, leaves
- Parmesan cheese – 100g, cubed
- leek – 1, large, thinly sliced
- bacon – 200g, shorcut, diced
- eggs – 10 large
- milk – 100g
- salt – to taste
- pepper – freshly ground black, to taste
- cherry tomatoes – 10, halved
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place cubed bread onto baking tray and toast until golden then place toasted cubes into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle spinach leaves (30g) over the toasted cubes.
- Place Parmesan cheese (150g) into bowl. Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Set aside.
- Add chopped leek (1) and bacon (200g) to bowl. Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add eggs (10), milk (100g) and salt and pepper. Speed 3 / 8 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Before baking, top with sliced cherry tomatoes (10) and sprinkle with the set aside Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until set.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: Thermomix Breakfasts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Vegetarian