Impossible pie has been a budget friendly meal in many households for decades. A few basic ingredients lead to a delicious and very filling meal. We love the combo of cheese, bacon and spinach, but you can certainly change the ingredients to suit your budget. Perhaps swap the bacon and spinach for diced ham and tinned corn. Swap fresh herbs for dried. Or perhaps use some leftover roast chicken! This recipe is very forgiving. When serving 5 people it comes in at only 89c per serve!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Easy and delicious. I was at the end of a busy day in the kitchen and had two little people underfoot and still found it a quick easy dinner to prepare. The adults all went back for seconds and the kids went back for thirds.” – Karen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- onion – 1, peeled and quartered, small, brown
- bacon – 100g
- cheese – 100g, cubed
- fresh parsley – 2-3 sprigs
- spinach – 100g, frozen, thawed and excess liquid removed
- milk – 400g
- eggs – 4
- butter – 60g, plus extra for greasing, melted
- plain flour – 90g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a quiche tin.
- Add onion (1), bacon (100g), cheese (100g) and parsley (2-3 sprigs) to bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the spinach (100g), milk (400g), eggs (4), butter (60g) and plain flour (90g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until combined.
- Pour into tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes until firm.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salad.
Can be frozen
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes