This energy bar recipe is really easy to whip up and have on hand for a midday snack. They’re great to help you bust through your afternoon! They also make a really good running snack, especially for distance runners.
We featured this recipe in Episode 126 of The 4 Blades Thermomix Recipe Podcast. Check it out to hear us discuss the making of this recipe plus heaps of tips and tricks for your Thermomix.
These Thermomix energy bars taste like a dense and rich carrot cake. The best bit is that they are full of wholefood ingredients that will keep you going all day. You absolutely can double this recipe if you like, as well. We made them while travelling through Singapore and we have found them excellent to wrap up in some clingfilm and eat throughout the day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A lovely moist, nutty bar, bursting with flavour and texture.” – Katie
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
- almonds – 70g
- walnuts – 80g
- dates – 100g, pitted
- raisins – 40g
- pineapple – 40g, tinned (drained weight)
- carrot – 1, small (approx. 50g)
- butter – 10g (*can use coconut oil for DF)
- cinnamon – 1/4 tsp, ground
- salt – pinch
- seeds of choice – to top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a small loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the almonds (70g) into the bowl. Process Speed 7 / 4 seconds.
- Place the walnuts (80g) into the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Place the pitted dates (100g), raisins (40g), drained tinned pineapple (40g), carrot (50g), butter (10g), ground cinnamon (1/4 tsp) and salt (pinch) into the bowl. Process Speed 7 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Return the nut mixture to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat if not fully combined.
- Transfer mixture to the loaf tin. If you wish you can sprinkle with your favourite seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes then allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate and cut into bars once cold.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: Thermomix Breakfasts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian