This a delicious meal for the whole family and so cheap! It comes in at under $10 even when paired with a packet of pasta. You’ll want to serve this with pasta, bread or a big spoon as the sauce is too good to be rinsed off the plate.
This recipe was featured in episode 134 of The 4 Blades Podcast, where Bec and Joe go head to head to create cheap Thermomix meals with their $10 dinner challenge.
- beef mince – 500g
- garlic granules – 2 tsp
- paprika – 2 tsp
- tomato paste – 90g
- sweet potato – 300g, peeled and cubed
- spring onion – 2, white part only
- balsamic vinegar – 25g
- vegetable stock – 20g, paste
- water – 350g
- sugar – 1 tsp, can use xylitol for sugar free option
- plain flour – 15g, can use tapioca starch for a grain free option
- milk – 20g, can use almond milk
- cheese – 1-2 handfuls, grated
- pasta – 300-400g packet
- Add beef mince (500g), garlic granules (1 tsp only), paprika (1 tsp only) and tomato paste (30g only) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds
- Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Peel and chop up sweet potato (300g) into small cubes.
- Add spring onions (2), balsamic vinegar (25g), tomato paste (60g), stock paste (20g), sugar (1 tsp), garlic granules (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp) and water (350g) to the bowl.
- Place sweet potato pieces into internal steaming basket and set in place inside the bowl. Program 12 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Roll mince mixture into small meatballs and place into the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Once the timer goes off, set the steaming attachment in place. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Pour meatballs into a baking dish. Set the basket of sweet potatoes to one side.
- Add plain flour (10g only) to the remaining liquid and mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Without washing the bowl, set the whisk attachment in place and add the cooked sweet potato, milk (20g) and plain flour (5g). Mash Speed 4 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mash again Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Using a teaspoon, place spoonfuls of sweet potato mash on top of the meatballs.
- Sprinkle grated cheese (1-2 handfuls, if using) over the top if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- If desired, cook up some spiral pasta (300-400g packet) according to packet instructions.
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes