Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and these super vibrant breakfast smoothies will give you a great start. By doing the prep work ahead of time you can have a deliciously healthy liquid breakfast ready in no time. Super tasty and refreshing. We think you could also add a handful of spinach and the family would be none the wiser. Feel free to mix up the fruit combinations with whatever is in season where you live. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These were lip lickable and kiddie approved!” – Claire
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- strawberries – 200g
- raspberries – 200g
- blackberries – 200g, or your preferred berry if you cannot find blackberries
- blueberries – 200g
- banana – 2, chopped into large chunks
- pineapple – 1, chopped into large chunks
- coconut water – 1.2L
- oats – 40g, rolled (*can omit for GF)
- Place the strawberries (200g), raspberries (200g), blackberries (200g), blueberries (200g), bananas (2) and pineapple (1) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds.
- Fill the mixture into 4 ice cube trays (or as many as you require) and freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, remove the cubes from each tray and weigh them into a big mixing bowl. Sit the mixing bowl on top of the lid of your mixer, turn the scales on and weigh the cubes in.
- Divide the total weight by 4 and put this amount into each ziplock bag or airtight container. This will make 2 smoothies per pack, but you can halve if you wish. 8 packs will make individual smoothies.
- When you wish to have the smoothie, transfer the contents of one pack, coconut water (300g per bag) and oats (10g per bag) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10. Serve cold, or transfer to a leakproof bottle for breakfast on the run.
- If these become a regular for you, simply measure how many grams of fruity cubes you need for your preferred size of smoothie. Then, to save on ziplock bags, just have one big bag or airtight container in the freezer and add more cubes to it when you have the opportunity so that you never run out.
- Omit the coconut water for a healthy after-dinner sorbet.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: Thermomix Breakfasts, Thermomix Drinks, Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian