Yep! We have created a dupe of your favourite big burger with special sauce from a well known fast food place that shall not be named. Whilst it is not exactly the same, it’s a great fake out meal and much healthier one!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “We cooked some potato wedges to go with this and it was a real hit with the whole family. Will definitely be making this one again.” – Karen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- mayonnaise – 100g, whole egg (*can use EF; make your own with the Mayonnaise recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Egg Free Mayonnaise recipe from The Tea Party Issue)
- gherkins – 2, cocktail
- white vinegar – 1 tsp
- paprika – 1 tsp
- onion powder – 1 tsp
- garlic powder – 1 tsp
- beef mince – 500g
- salt – 1 tsp
- pepper – 1 tsp
- bread – 4, rolls, high topped (*can use GF; make your own with the Multiseed Bread Rolls from The Freezer Issue, Bread Rolls from The On the Road Issue or LCHF Bread Rolls (GF) from The Packed Lunch Issue)
- cheese – 4 slices (*omit for DF)
- lettuce – shredded
- onion – 1/2, peeled and very finely diced
- gherkins – 16 slices
- Add the mayonnaise (100g), gherkins (2), vinegar (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), onion powder (1 tsp) and garlic powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Set aside in the fridge until needed.
- Add the beef (500g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 6 seconds.
- Remove the mix from the bowl and shape it into 8 very thin patties. You may like to use an egg ring for even shapes.
- Drizzle some oil into a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the patties for a few minutes on each side.
- Slice each bun (4) into three and lightly toast.
- Place a slice of cheese (4 total), lettuce, onion (1/2 total), special sauce and a beef patty onto the bottom layer.
- Top with the middle piece of bread, more lettuce, gherkin slices (16 total), more sauce and another beef patty. Place the top layer of bread on top.
Burger patties can be frozen
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks