This pumpkin curry recipe is an easy meal that is ready in about an hour and freezes well. It gives a good serve of veggies, especially if served with cauliflower rice, as the pumpkin actually simmers down to become the sauce. If you like a hotter curry, try adjusting the type or number of chillies used, along with the amount of ground pepper used. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
This deliciously sweet and mild Beef & Pumpkin Curry has been a regular in The 4 Blades kitchen for about a year, but we have been trying to get it right for you… so here it is! This recipe is a variation of the Beef Rendang curry that was in the old EDC (the book that comes with a Thermomix purchase)… with tweaks to make it Paleo-friendly and Whole30 compliant, and quite a bit easier!
This recipe was featured in Episode 56 of The 4 Blades podcast: Pumpkin Thermomix Recipes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Very tasty. Mild flavour. Perfect for families where kids prefer less heat! Excellent veggie quantities.” –Wendy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- chilli – 1, red (choose one that suits your heat preference)
- ginger – 2.5 cm piece, peeled
- garlic clove – 1, peeled
- onion – 1, peeled and quartered
- turmeric – 1 tsp
- coconut oil – 20g
- cinnamon – 1 tsp, ground
- salt – 2 tsp
- pepper – 1 tsp, black, ground
- coconut milk – 200g
- desiccated coconut – 60g
- diced beef – 700g
- pumpkin – 500g, diced
- zucchini – 250g, sliced
- Add the chilli (1), ginger (2.5cm piece), garlic clove (1), onion (1) and turmeric (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g). Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add cinnamon (1 tsp), salt (2 tsp), pepper (1 tsp), coconut milk (200g) and desiccated coconut (60g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Add beef (700g) and pumpkin (500g) to the bowl. Program 45 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add zucchini (250g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve immediately.
Can be frozen
– Portion this dish into airtight containers before freezing. Thaw and reheat before eating.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes