This spinach and potato curry is probably my favourite Indian dish to order when eating out. I love nothing more than dipping naan bread into this before gobbling it all up. This recipe is a variation of a friend’s of my Mum’s recipe. For maximum flavour we cook the dish in a frying pan on the stove… for ease, we do the preparation in our thermomixer! – Peta
No: Dairy / Gluten / Egg / Nuts
- potato – 400g, peeled and cut in large chunks
- water – 600g, hot
- ghee – 2 Tbsp, or coconut oil
- onion – 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- cumin – 2 tsp, seeds
- dried coriander – 1 tsp, ground
- turmeric – 1 tsp
- garam masala – 1 tsp
- fenugreek – 1/2 Tbsp, leaves
- spinach – 250g, frozen, thawed
- water – 2 Tbsp
- Place potatoes (400g) into internal steaming basket.
- Pour hot water (600g) over the top.
- 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Drain potatoes and empty out water.
- Add onion (1) and garlic (2 cloves) to bowl. Speed 5 / 6 seconds.
- Place a large frying pan onto the stove and turn to high. You will be working with high heat but working quickly.
- Add ghee or coconut oil (2 Tbsp) to pan.
- Add the onion and garlic mix and stir quickly to soften.
- Add mustard seeds (1 tsp), cumin seeds (2 tsp), ground coriander (1 tsp), tumeric (1 tsp) and garam marsala (1 tsp).
- Once spices are aromatic, add fenugreek leaves (1/2 Tbsp), the drained potatoes and the spinach (250g) to pan.
- Stir to combine. Add water (2 Tbsp).
- Stir to incorporate and reduce the liquid.
- Serve with some of our delicious naan bread.
Can be frozen but best served fresh or reheated the next day
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegan, Vegetarian