Simple sweet little cakes to add to a packed lunch for those who are avoiding multiple allergens. It’s nice to have a treat now and again!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “They were amazing! Even the husband approved! Will definitely make them again. Such a quick, easy and delicious recipe. The fact that they are nut free and can be dairy free makes them perfect for school lunchboxes, class parties or to stock up the freezer. You could easily add choc chips or frozen fruit to add variety.” – Sharree
- coconut oil – 100g
- sugar – 100g
- vanilla bean powder – 1/2 tsp
- self raising flour – 300g (*can use GF)
- milk of choice – 260g (*can use DF)
- apple cider vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- bicarb soda – 1 tsp
- baking powder – 1 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a mini muffin tin with paper cases.
- Add the oil (100g) and sugar (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Add the vanilla (1/2 tsp), self raising flour (300g), milk (260g), vinegar (1 Tbsp), bicarb soda (1 tsp) and baking powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Spoon into the paper cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes