In Episode 68, we share three of our favourite celebration recipes with you from the latest issue of the mag… The Celebrations Issue! We LOVE celebrating! We think that one of the best things about the Thermomix is that it makes entertaining easier. The Celebrations Issue of the mag brings you delicious food from all around the world… here are some of our favourites…
Here are the recipes we chose this week:
Recipe 1 – Gluten Free Naan Bread (The 4 Blades Issue 06 – The Celebrations Issue)
After many trials, we think we have created an awesome Thermomix Gluten Free Naan Bread for you! This version is also dairy free, utilising the combination of coconut cream and lemon juice instead of yoghurt. It bubbles up nicely when cooked in a pan with a little coconut oil… wait until it bubbles and then cook for a shorter time on the flip side.
Recipe 2 – Asian Brown Rice Salad (The 4 Blades Issue 06 – The Celebrations Issue)
If you are looking for a simple, but delicious and nutritious midweek meal, this one is for you. It’s an ‘All-in-One’ meal which utilises the Thermomix for sautéing, cooking the rice, steaming the vegetables and mixing it up – how handy!
Recipe 3 – Cheat’s Coronation Chicken (The 4 Blades Issue 06 – The Celebrations Issue)
This ‘Coronation Chicken’ certainly isn’t the fancy dish that would have graced the lips of the guests at the Queen’s coronation back in 1953, but it certainly is a perfect sandwich filling, or even a perfect lunch on the run (mix it with salad… yum!) Not in our typical style, we are utilising all pre-made ingredients: the meat from a roast chicken, mayonnaise, mango chutney, curry powder… along with a handful of sultanas, shallots and flaked almonds. Throw everything in and mix on Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds. That’s it!
If you want to make it withOUT store-bought ingredients you can do the following:
– Steam the chicken (check out our lunchbox episode for details)
– Use Cheat’s Mayonnaise (our favourite! Mentioned in our Simple Summer Salads episode)
– Use homemade Malaysian Curry Powder
– Use the Cranberry & Apple Chutney in The Celebrations Issue
Here are some cool tips from this podcast…
– If you are cooking with your iPad and it blacks out in the middle of cooking you can stop this by changing your settings. Click ‘Settings’ – ‘General’ – ‘Auto Lock’ – and then choose your desired time. Just remember that if you don’t manually lock the screen when you are done you’ll lose your battery life!
– Like the sound of that chorizo? We mentioned the Tapas Episode
– Coconut Aminos is an alternative to soy sauce
– ‘Varoma’ or ‘Steaming Temperature’ is between 110-120C in TM31 or other brands of thermo mixers (fact checked after discussion during the podcast!) In the TM5 you can set to 110C, which is good for sautéing.
Feedback on the Podcast
If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, we’d love you to leave a Comment below.
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave us a review and rating over on iTunes. Once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!