If you follow this recipe you will have yourself a ‘store bought perfect’ New York Baked Cheesecake on your hands – direct from your Thermomix!
You can also hear all about this recipe by listening to Episode 26 of The 4 Blades podcast.
Let’s start by making the base…
You will need:
250g raw sugar
200g Digestive biscuits (*can also use simple GF tea biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a 20cm round springform pan with baking paper (Joe has a great tip for this in the podcast!)
- Make icing sugar from 250g raw sugar. Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Set icing sugar aside, leaving 2 Tbsp in the TM bowl.
- Add Digestive biscuits (200g). Press Turbo 3-4 times until crushed.
- Add 85g butter. 2 minutes / 80C / Reverse+Speed 3.
- Place in baking tray & bake for 10 minutes (you can start making the filling once the base is in the oven – just don’t forget to take the base out of the oven after 10 minutes!) When you take the base out, increase heat to 200 degrees.
Want to make this gluten free?
Either… use Orgran GF Rico Tea Biscuits in lieu of Digestive biscuits
OR use one of the bases from our dairy-free cheesecakes. The pictures in the recipe used the base of the White Choc Nut Cheesecake.
And now on to the filling…
You will need:
3x 250g blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese
Remaining icing sugar
2 Tbsp plain flour (make it GF if you are wanting a GF cheesecake)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp finally grated lemon zest (if you want to use the Thermomix to zest the lemon DO THIS FIRST)
1 tsp lemon juice
1x 250g tub of sour cream
Ground nutmeg to dust the top
- Set 37 degrees, 25 minutes, Speed 3. Note: this is NOT intended to keep going for the entire 25 minutes, it’s just to ensure the heating element continues at 37 degrees.
- Feed in cream cheese by breaking up the blocks one at a time, until well combined.
- Slowly add in remaining icing sugar, then the flour until well combined.
- Switch off and add the butterfly attachment WHILE cheese is still in the bowl.
- Grate lemon (1 tsp) into the bowl.
- Turn on to Speed 3 while adding in lemon juice (1tsp), eggs (3), vanilla extract (1tsp) and sour cream (250g). Scrape down sides if required. The mixture should be homogenous.
- Butter the sides of the springform pan.
- Pour mixture directly onto base.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees then reduce heat to 100 degrees and continue to bake for another 25 minutes.
- Turn oven off, allowing cake to cool for two hours with oven door closed.
- Place in fridge (preferably overnight).
- Dust / decorate with nutmeg on the top.
Voila! You should find yourself with a perfect New York baked cheesecake which is easily cut without turning into a wobbly mess. Enjoy!